Tuesday, May 10, 2011

And the Stipulation is....

This week's episode of Monday Night Raw opened with a confrontation between Alberto Del Rio, The Miz, Rey Mysterio, and R-Truth. They were all vying for a chance at the #1 contender spot. The Raw General Manager chimed in saying that there would be a triple threat match that would see Del Rio, Mysterio, and the Miz compete for the chance to face John Cena at Over the Limit. R-Truth was left out and of course lost his mind. He just seems awkward in whatever they put him in. I don't know if it is just that they don't know what to do with him or if they actually think that this is a good angle. He needs to have something more to do than attack John Morrison, insult his fans, and blabber on about random things.

On a side note, will the person behind the Raw General Manager ever be revealed? That's something I always talk about with my Mom and Dad. We all have our theories about who it could be and why. It will be fun to find out who it is, if they even reveal it at all.

As for the actual triple threat match, I called the Miz as the winner from the very beginning. It made the most sense. There was two weeks until the next pay per view and he was the only guy who had a long enough history with John Cena to actually make the match worth watching. It's not that Mysterio and Del Rio wouldn’t have been entertaining, it's that there wouldn't have been enough time to build up anything that people would ahve wanted to see. At the end of the program, Cena announced that he chose an 'I Quit' match. It will be interesting to see how this match goes and hopefully Cena retains. Hopefully this match will draw this feud to a close and we'll be able to see John Cena feud with someone else. To me, Miz is just annoying. I'm tired of watching him cheat each and every week. It will be interesting to see who each of them feud with after. Another interesting thing to note is that Alex Riley really seems to be coming into his own, even if he is still under a 'contract' with the Miz. I really think he could have potential as an individual competitor; he just needs to be known as more than a lap dog. Hopefully he can start to break away from the Miz, seeing as he is technically a Smackdown superstar. He did issue a challenge to Cena, which Cena won (like no one saw that coming). I'm just glad he can do something more than cheat for the Miz.

Shocker! There was actually a halfway decent women's wrestling match on Raw. Kelly Kelly and Eve took on the Bella Twins. I was actually impressed with the match, even though it was basically a vehicle to have Kharma come out again. We see her come out and absolutely demolish these Divas but when will we actually see her compete?

The other major event of the broadcast was Michael Cole 'retiring' from competition. Seriously?! Anyone who reads this knows how much disdain I have for him. I have read reports where he is just as annoying backstage, as he is on screen. I was mostly thankful for Jerry Lawler interrupting him and challenging him to just one more match. The stipulation attached was that Jerry would personally induct Michael Cole into the Hall of Fame and give him his HOF ring. I sincerely hope that the booker doesn't drop the ball on this and let Cole win. Swagger came out and attacked Lawler, which seems to be a running theme every week (and then had a match against Kofi Kingston). The highlight of the entire show was when Jerry came out and pulled Cole's tie through the hole in the 'Cole Mine' and smashed his face into the wall. That made my day. I can’t wait for Over the Limit.

I also wanted to add that I am going to start doing reviews on my blog, in addition to my weekly postings. I'll be reviewing books, movies, and anything else that has the WWE stamp on it. Any suggestions are welcome so feel free to give me ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment