Tuesday, May 29, 2012

What Is Going On?

I'm pretty sure that I'm not the only one who is wondering what is going on in the WWE lately. There have been a lot of changes and a lot of things happening that haven't really been making sense to anyone. Let's start with the Over The Limit pay-per-view and go from there.

I would just like to start off by saying that I had an 88% success rate with my predictions and I'm pretty proud of that. Overall, the event was excellent and one of the best pay-per-views of the year. The crowd seemed really into each and every match (with the main event being the huge exception) and the superstars truly entertained all of those who were in attendance.

Hits:
- Christian winning the battle royal was a huge moment and something that I enjoyed very much. I have always admired Christian as a performer and he truly deserved the win. I jumped up off the couch and cheered when he won and my mom thought that I hurt myself. It is nice to see people who deserve  a shot finally getting one.

-The CM Punk and Daniel Bryan match stole the show and should have been the main event of the evening. These two men put on a clinic for how a wrestling match should look. I'm sure it had something to do with the fact that they had known each other on the independent circuit but it was a match that rivaled the one Punk had against Cena at Money In The Bank.

Misses:
-The only real 'miss' worth mentioning is the main event that saw Johnny Ace face John Cena. I love John Cena but this match was just ridiculous. I was bored and just not into it at all. Seeing him humiliate the General Manager was mildly entertaining but it was kind of embarrassing because Cena is so much more talented than that. When the Big Show came out, I thought maybe he would have a chance at winning and Teddy would get the General Manager job back. Sadly, this was not the case as Big Show turned heel and we became stuck with John Laryingitis for the foreseeable future.

-A tiny thing I noticed was when Michael Cole said that Christian was 'less expereienced' than Miz. Really?

The edition of Monday Night Raw that followed was scattered and disjointed. The segment featuring Ricardo Rodriguez and Santino Marella was a prime example of that, sure it was funny but it felt like it didn't belong in the show at all. The whole Big Show contract thing really got on my nerves as well, Johnny kept saying that it was a verbal agreement, that still constitutes a contract. I still say he should have been fired and it took the WWE Universe pointing it out on Twitter for them to realize they flubbed and made a mistake. I sincerely hope that someone in creative got reprimanded for that one.

The Punk and Daniel Bryan feud is something that I am excited about, I think that this is something that could really light a fire in the WWE and it is a feud that the fans really want to see. The fallout from Over The Limit was that Punk's victory was a fluke and Bryan claims he made Punk tap out. I don't understand why they are trying to make this into a big deal. Punk pinned Bryan for the win and Punk tapped out AFTER he won. What's the big deal? I'm not sure where they are trying to go with this but I sincerely hope that the storyline with them doesn't fizzle out prematurely.

The edition of Monday Night Raw that aired on May 28th was much of the same. It was weird to see a broadcast without John Cena, who is (I'm assuming) dealing with his divorce. Big Show came out and gave a speech that could have put anyone to sleep but when he mentioned a "phony UFC so-called fighter" I was left wondering if that was a shot at Brock Lesnar? I personally prefer Show as a face but the heel turn could be interesting if the angle with Brodus Clay continues. The Funkasaurus is growing on me and the little bit of edge he showed tonight makes him more appealing as a superstar.

The best part of this show was seeing that Punk got the cover of the new WWE'13 video game.

For the love of all that is holy, John Cena better be back next week....

No comments:

Post a Comment