Wednesday, June 29, 2011

CM Punk: The Most Brilliant Man In Wrestling.

I believe that for the crowd to respond well to a wrestler, whether that reaction is good or bad, the wrestler has to be real. They have to be an all-around amazing entertainer, in and out of the ring. On Monday night, CM Punk gave us all of this and more.

I was sitting on my couch and when he started speaking after Cena lost, my jaw hit the floor. He just laid it all out there and cut one of the best promos I have ever watched. Even better than the one Roddy Piper cut on the Old School Raw and the silent one done by both the Undertaker and Triple H for their epic Wrestlemania XXVIII battle. From the first second that he opened his mouth it was pure magic. I did find it odd that he was wearing a Stone Cold Steve Austin shirt but then someone on Twitter summed it all up. He was having his 'Stone Cold moment'. He ripped on absolutely everything. Cena, Vince, WWE as a company, the fans, and he even speculated about what he would do when he was done with the organization. I was flabbergasted. When things like this happen, it breathes new life into what some view as a 'stale' product. I personally find WWE programming entertaining every time I watch it but even I was relieved. This is exactly what a heel should be in wrestling.

It is my hope that everyone in the locker room was taking notes that night. That, ladies and gentlemen, is how it's done.

Kayfabe or not, I don't care. This is exactly the type of intense heat that a rivalry should have. Fans are engaged, intrigued, and just can't get enough of it.

To view the epicness that occurred on Monday Night Raw, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment